Tuesday, September 13, 2011

"There's a thunder in our hearts, baby."



Why do I think of you as an addiction?
How did I fall into that hole in your life?
Today seems like you,
Tomorrow seems like all about you.

Maybe this is where I fit,
At the sojourn of your heart.
I lay there with my eyes closed,
Your fingers running through my hair.
Just for a moment you smelled of roses, hope and faith.

I did give my sleep away for you,
To sit starry eyed and listen to the wind rustling in your coat.
I did walk these roads again,
just to find you standing at the corner with a bunch of daises.
I did never tie my hair up,
if you like the way it tickles your chin every time you hug me.

I did dream of rainbows,
But laying there beside you,
upon green grass and staring into the twilight skies.
I find the magic hovering above us.
Is it the night that whispers?
Or did you just say something that I have never heard before?
Hold my hand and make me feel,
all your love to the point of eternity.

No comments: